Thursday, May 7, 2009

6th May 2009 Wednesday. Time to get back swimming and work on hand entering water on recovery stroke.

Should I go for a recovery run or swimming? Still could not decide even at the end of the day. But as it has been 10 days since I last swim on 24th April's YF swim, and recalling the mistake in my stroke as noted by my YF coach that I decided to swim, to work on the mistake which was hand entering water during recovery stroke.

I began swimming with pull buoy, 10 laps, slow and easy swim; fully focused on my hand entering water avoiding side entering. I noticed in order to do correctly and effortlessly, side turning was important as I could lift my whole hand higher, above water. After the 1st 10 laps, took couple of minute of breather, I did another 10 laps, followed by a few laps of swim without pull buoy.

Tonight, the pool was again very crowded. Swimmers crossing lanes and I was wondering when would they know how to swim CCW around the black line marker in an orderly manner. And again there was one swimmer swimming butterfly splashing water noisily all over the pool. Worst still the spot light at one end of the pool (near to the gym) was not working; may be it was not malfunction, it could be shut off for the scuba diving training. Anyway it made swimming very difficult.

Hmm, I must plan to swim on other day or other part of the day. Perhaps, swim during my lunch time and definitely it will be a near-to-empty pool. Ok will try one of these days.
.

No comments: