Saturday, May 9, 2009

8th May 2009 Friday. My 5th YF Pool Swim-King Henry You Go First.

Tonight was my 5th YF pool swim. It appeared that my effort paid off after training on my own to correct my mistake that was "hand entering water during recovery stroke". With correct hand entry it reduced drag, and thus tonight I was gliding fast with slow stroke. Having said that I was also attempting to be conscious on the pull and push. During our long slow swim, I was initially 5th swimmer but after 1st lap coach shifted me to 4th swimmer, and after the end of the 1st set of 200m, coach called out to me" King Henry, you go first as 1st swimmer", a compliment I believe. He must have noticed that I closed up the front swimmer too soon that I have to stop several time. He commented that I could soon go to lane three (a lane for faster swimmer), but may be not so soon, I still need to brush up my stroke.

I enjoyed tonight drill. We did longer lap drill which was something that I like. I felt I was getting use to all the drill being introduced. I particularly like side kick although it was very tiring, and something I like to improve on. Perhaps this week during my own training I focus on this. Hopefully, all my focus in each particular motion will be in my sub-consciousness.

The long slow swim was 3x 200m, 1x100m, 2 x (25m sprint follow by relax front crawl). Before the swim end we did threading water, it seemed that most swimmers dislike this part of the training.

After the swim, I rushed off to my niece Pauljean 21st birthday at One Degree 15 Sentosa Cove.
.

No comments: