Saturday, May 16, 2009

15th May 2009, Friday. My 6th YF Swim; Coach commented:- "You are my 4th swimmer in lane 3!"

Tonight was my 6th YF swim. Again I was grouped into my usual lane 2 and 3rd swimmer. Was a little late so skipped the swam up swim.

As usual we began with a hour of drill. I was getting used to all the drill now; I should be as this was my 6th training with him now.

Tonight, seemed to have few new swimmers in lane one who have a little problem keeping to their own lane and swam CCW, just like me when I started my lesson with them. Occasionally heard coach poking fun saying "Hey keep to your own lane, you wouldn't want to hit against Henry; right? see he is so big size". Hey coach you meant fat is it? hahaha! OK I took it as a compliment. During the drill, I was slowly shifted by coach to 1st swimmer, means what? I was getting faster. doubt

Undoubtedly a sure compliment from him tonight was during our 3 sets of 200m long swim, he commented after my 2nd set;" Hey, have you been swimming?" I told him that I have been working hard on my hand entry since the last time he corrected me and he continued:- "Hey, the speed you are going, you are my 4th swimmer in lane 3" and he put his thumb up to me and said smilingly; "good, just try to keep your head up a bit, speed up your recovery stroke will help. (apparently lane 3 are all for fast and seasoned swimmer with well polished stroke).

Yes I have improved and was fast, my 3 x200m timing was around 5 min - 5min 15sec. But really; fast was not in my mind, what I wanted was slow but swim efficiently with good glide. I noticed that I was also not panting so hard like before after each set of swim.

We also did; lost count; I think 6 to 7 set 50m sprint, I recorded only the last 2 laps that my timing was slightly over 1min, and the rest were between 55 - 58 sec. Well done, your effort and training paid off. The swim ended with threading water which most swimmers dislike, I supposed, but coach did explain the importance.
.

No comments: