Wednesday, May 20, 2009

19th May 2009, Tuesday. Flutter kick and catch-up drill with pull buoy.

I decided to skip MF hill training tonight due to some strain on the muscle and bone around the back of my right knee so I thought it would be good to rest my leg and more over Passion Run is on this Sunday. Anyway swimming helps in recovery too. Since not running, I decided to leave office late to clear as much work as possible; arrived MF pool at 7.45pm.

Enough focus on hand entry in the last few swim practices, so tonight decided to fully concentrate on my flutter kick. I started with a 100m slow warm-up swim w/o pull buoy, followed by the 100m flutter kick with hand on buoy. I tried the kick with bilateral breathing thru body rotation, but I started the kick too fast on the first 2 laps; it tired me out actually; pant pant pant. So I slowed down a little on the rest of other sets.

I noticed I took approx 2 min+ per lap, it means roughly equivalent to 2 laps for normal swim. I decided to gauge 2 laps as a set to take some breather, quite similar to 1x200m normal swim in term of timing. I focused on my kick practice to rhythmise with the bilateral breathing thru body rotation. The next drill was flutter kick with catch-up drill -hand 0n pull buoy.

1x100m warm up swim
2 sets x100m flutter kick - hand on buoy drill
2 sets x100m flutter kick with catch up drill - hand on pull buoy
Repeated above;
2 sets x 100m flutter kick - hand on buoy drill
2 sets x 100m flutter kick with catch up drill - hand on pull buoy
Wow!! 16 laps of flutter kick drill, amd drills were tough.

Tonight the pool was not crowded, therefore did not expect any collision with any swimmers. Alas, still collided with a swimmer coming in the wrong direction. Hello swim CCW please, CCW in your own lane please.....!

Good work out, kind of enjoying it; though could feel my leg was so so tired; I have a pair of 'agar-agar' leg after the all these drill. I know I still need to focus on these drill in the next few weeks of practice.
.

No comments: