Wednesday, April 29, 2009

28th April 2009 Tuesday. Should have gone for recovery run instead of Telok Blangah Hill Speed Run; 6x1km interval

I should have gone to do a recovery run tonight; strangely I wondered, why didn't I think of that at all. In fact I did think of not doing tonight's hill run because there was a downpour in the afternoon and the floor was wet, and I don't particularly like hill run if floor is wet.

It was a 6 x1km speed run with 4 to 5 min break, and Jimmy encouraged all runners to clock below 4.30min in each lap. I did well in my first 3 laps, could manage way below 4.30min, but at one point in the 3rd lap my HRM showed more than 179 - 180 bpm. I never had such a high bpm before when doing any hill run. I reminded myself that I must not push myself this hard as I was also having slight running nose with bronchial phlegm the last two days. And still having ache and sore muscle due the week end Raw Duathlon, felt my legs was heavy and during the 2 last two laps, I was thinking I should have gone for recovery run instead. I slowed down in the 4th lap, and even slower in the last 2 laps.

1st - 4.18min, 2nd- 4.11min, 3rd - 4.20min, 4th lap - 4.34min, 5th lap - 4.52min, 6th lap - 4.55min.
.

No comments: