Friday, May 8, 2009

7th May 2009 Thursday, Slow Recovery Run, Reserve Energry for Friday Swim

I have decided to go for a very slow recovery run. Quite a disappointment to have missed Tuesday easy run in MF due to work and dinner with customers. I also try not to strain my leg too much because of tomorrow YF training.

I did a 6km (thru Morse road to MF hill, then down to Kampong Bahru back to MF) + 5 km loop(thru harbour front and back to MF). Total time 65min, it was a slow and easy run without pushing myself too much. Nevertheless felt the legs were so heavy due to the 32km Sunday Pandan Reservoir run.

During this run, many thoughts gone thru my mind; calculating how many weeks before the Desaru HIM, planning time and day for my training for this key event, recalling what are the upcoming events that I have signed up. Wow! it will be a busy months - May passion run and Sundown Marathon; June Phuket Marathon but not sure if still possible to run in Phuket, July Port Dickson tri, wow really a busy busy months for multi sport. I was also thinking how to incorporate these events into my training. More importantly is to plan for more time in swimming, an area that I need a lot of improvement and to improve fast; need to plan other days or other part of the day to swim instead of Wednesday evening whereby the pool is so crowded that always bump onto other swimmers, without able to swim peacefully. It was good to put some thought and get organised as work is also getting stressful, with limited time to train to be ready for Desaru HIM on 1st Aug. The thought of "What should I do for training this Sat (no golfing) and Sun........." also came to this training-organisation-mode!!

I finished my run at the same time with MF runners who did 6 loops of MF hill, and already looking forward to tomorrow YF swim. Happy training!!!
.

No comments: