Saturday, May 23, 2009

22th May 2009 Friday. My 7th YF Swim; I Was Moved To Lane 3 - Longer and Harder Swim

On last Friday 15th May YF training, while still swimming in lane 2; coach told me that I was his 4th swimmer in the lane 3. A lane for faster swimmers who will have to swim more laps than in lane 1 and 2. I was actually hoping that he would not move me to lane 3; reason being I have just begun to be in this comfort zone.

I arrived the pool quite early this evening and after 200m warm up swim + 2 x 25m flutter kick with buoy, Coach told me that he moved me to lane 3; I thought of requesting to stay on lane 2 but decided to take the challenge for harder and longer training. Any way I don't have a choice.

It turned out to be my most tiring YF swim ever since I took up the class. We started the training with various drills with pull buoy; sculling 2x50m, flutter kick 2x 50m, side kick 2 x50m' he introduced back stroke kick hugging the PB (2 x25m) which I had problem with this particular drill as this was my first time doing back stroke flutter kick. This was not easy for me at all, I literally sank while doing it but this drill was very useful for FC. Definitely need to do more on this drill.

After the 1 hour drill, Coach told us that tonight we would do hard swim, and having all eyes stared at him, he repeated with a smile:- "just a little hard only". Contrarily it was not a little hard, but was hard. We did so many sets that I could not even remember how many we have done.

For lane 3 we did 4 to 5 x 100m slow to hard swim. ( between 2.10 to 2.28min ) in between mixed with 3 to 4 x 300m ( laps between 7.20min to 7.46min). Finally we did 4 to 5 x 50m sprint swim (approx 60sec).

After the swim I could feel my arms were aching badly. Nevertheless, I was happy to be "promoted" to lane 3 where I could improve further and increase my intensity in the swim.
.

No comments: