Wednesday, April 1, 2009

31st Mar 2009, Tuesday - MF Speed Work at Queen Town

Indeed quite disappointing; I really like to do tonight speed work in the stadium but not able to, as I was still not fully recovered from my bad cough. Lucille has insisted that I refrained from running for at least a few more days. I ensured her that tonight it would my slow jog.

Having missed last Sunday LSD and Thursday run, and also not been doing long run regularly for the last 3 weeks after my business trip, I needed to sweat out. I did a slow run from MF to Queen Town stadium, and did 20 laps - 400m run in the stadium - then back to MF. After the run, I was wondering if it was really a slow jog, as I did a consistent 6min/km pace, at some point I sped up. I did not feel strong in this run, must be the medicine and the cough that affect the lung badly. Feeling weak and very tired after the run. Nevertheless, it was nice to catch up with some of the runners during the run and after the run. I had dinner with them too since I did not need to pick up Lucille from her Gym workout. Rarely I could have dinner with the MF runner.

MF to stadium = approx. 4km
Stadium = 20laps x400m = 8km
Stadium back = approx. 4km
Total 1hr 30min.

I hope to be fully recovered soon so that I can start preparing for my next up coming events, and most importantly Lucille has a peace of mind when I train.
.

No comments: