Monday, April 20, 2009

19th April 2009 Sunday, No Brick Training Until Sunday

I was planning to do a run-cycle-run brick last week in the gym at least once to prepare for the up coming Raw Duathlon on 26th April. But there is no opportunity and time did not permit. Anyhow, it was a busy week last week:-

Tuesday 14/04 - speed work with MF runner in Queen Town stadium
MF Club to QT stadium - 4km - 24min
3x1200m - 5.19min, 5.25min, 5.29min
2x800m - 3.38min, 3.49min
1x400m-1.45min,
QT stadium to MF Club- 4 km - 22min
Really can't remember when was the last time I did speed work. Anyway it was quite a good work out. When running back to club I was planing to do a very slow jog back, instead I pace up with MH with 5.5min/km tiring pace. After the run, my legs were aching and I felt very tired.

Wednesday 15/04 - I have thought of doing a brick in the gym but was too busy to leave office early. So I went for a swim in MF late evening instead while waiting to pickup Lucille from her gym work out. The pool was crowded and my swim was quite chaotic. I was disappointed to see most of the swimmers did not know how to swim CCW within their own lane. Not only I was swimming, I was also manoeuvring around to avoid collision. But I still collided head on with a guy with his hand scratched and hurt my nose. I think some of these swimmers must attend courtesy lesson to swim in right direction. Hello swim CCW in your lane, OK?? That means lane marker is always on your left. Somehow, I completed slow 20 laps mixture of FC and BS.

Thursday 16/04 - Did not do any training with MF runners. I bought a new golf set for Lucille for her birthday early this week and brought her to Seletar Country Club to let her test out and get use to her new "baby", and hopefully she could enjoyed her golf game this Sat. So no chance to do brick too. I think it has been more than 9 months since the last time we have been to any driving range, so after to 160balls for me and 120ball for her, our back ache.

Friday 17/04 - Went for my 3rd YF pool training. We got to learn how to use pull buoy. It seemed easy to use the buoy, but it was not actually. Coach Lim explained to us some drill with the buoy such sculling, FC , fluttering and etc. Finally did the following slow swim drill w/o buoy:- 1x400m, 1x300m, 1x200m 2 x 25m sprint, 2 x50m sprint. I always felt totally drained after the YF training. And tonight was especially even more drained, must be the effect of the 160 ball - golf swing I had on Thursday, after almost more 9 months not headed to the golf range. Rushed back home and knocked off for the day to have a good rest for the golf game on early Sat morning.

Oh yes Saturday 18/04 - Lucille, the two boys and I went to Japan buffet restaurant (Kuishinbo) in Jurong Point to celebrate Lucille's and Niel's birthday. Niel turn 20 this year, wow time flies, he is a big boy now. And as for Lucille, my same old saying to her jokingly , "you always get a year older earlier than I first,,, you get OLDERRRRR (my emphasis) first!!"

We ate so much that I kept telling them that I must do longer training tomorrow. Lucille and I had a good time chatting with the boys as we spend almost 2 -1/2 hrs in the resturant.

Sunday 19/04 - Ok, die die must do a brick to prepare for the Raw Duathlon on 26/04 this coming Sun in Changi coast road. I woke up later in the morning so as to deliberately start the brick training at the hottest part of the day, not only to get use to the heat for the next week Raw, but also felt "guilty" that I must burned off those fat from the food I had yesterday. I started at 10.45am and did 8.5km run - 37km bike - 8.5km run. It was a very hot Sunday indeed and the heat was getting on me especially during the run. During my transitions, I saw myself totally drench as if soaked in water. I felt very satisfied to have done this brick since I have no chance to do it this whole week. Lucille told me that I was burned after I have completed the training.

1st leg 8.5km - Home - Civic Plaza - Woodland stadium - Sport School- Home (1 loop) - 49 min.
2nd leg 37km - home to Gambas Ave - Yishun Ave - Mandai Road - U turn - Mandai Rd - Upper Thomson -Gambas Ave - home (1 loop) - 1hr 20min
3rd leg 8.5km - run route same as 1st leg ( 1 loop) - 58min

I survived the scorching heat but 3rd leg was tough as cramp set in after 5km. Hopefully I will be able tolerate the heat again next week Raw and enjoy my race.
.

No comments: