Monday, April 27, 2009

24th April 2009 Friday, My 4th Yellow Fish Pool Swim. A Tiring 8 laps sprint.

Tonight we had most laps of 50m sprint ever since I joined YF; 8 laps - 400m, rest less than 1 min after each lap. To me this was very tough, I think I slowed down quite a lot on the last 2 laps, managed to clock 1min on my fast laps. It was very tiring but I felt it was a very good training to train stamina and speed, and most importantly we must get the stroke correct during slow swim.

We started off with various drills with pull buoy; fluttering, side kick, sculling, catch-up pull, time spent on these drills was more than an hour.

After the drills, it was the long slow swim. Coach pointed out that I still tend to swim too fast, contrary to his request to swim slow to check efficiency of every stroke. Coach corrected my stroke; my hand entry into water was too far thus tend to be side ward instead from top downward. He emphasized during the recovery stroke, my hand should band, enter and stretch forward in the water, while the other hand was doing the pull and push.

I gathered that swimming is like golf swing, while you are working on one motion, you tend to put less focus on other motion and ruin it. I guess I have to work on hand entry during my own training this week. And also learn how to swim slow.

Distance of these slow swims were:-
1x400m, 1x300m, 1x250m.

Then followed by 8 laps sprint, less than 1 min rest between each lap.

Tonight; absent minded me, I left my 2 weeks old pull buoy in the swimming pool, hmm, I blamed it on the ineffectiveness of Omega 3 from Lucille again. hahaha!!
.

No comments: