Friday, April 3, 2009

2nd April 2009 Thursday, Bad Cough But A Good Slow Run

Still having bad cough and not fully recovered, but unwilling to skip tonight run -- equal to Lucille, the Grumbler.. hahahaha.!!! I think she knows too well about me when doing short run that slow is no go for me. Anyway she allowed me only after I promised her that I would do a slow slow jog. Hmm, this cough had already been bugging me for one week. I do not intend to wait for it to go away before I start running again; not too sure how long more it will bug me, can't wait for ever. She too was not fully recovered so she skipped her gym workout again.

Tonight run was a 14km run from MF-Queen Way-PortDown-Bouna Vista-Queentown-Depot-MF. I started off very slowly, and sadly seeing all other runners passed me within the few 3 to 4 km. I thought I would be the last runner tonight until I saw Shirley and Wong at the traffic light before entering Portdown road. Shirley and Wong have always been good running buddies as their run were always easy, slow, very comfortable and enjoyable. And with their company, Lucille would be rest assured this would be my slow jog. With their pace we could even chit chat and crack joke. Shirley slowed down along Depot road and Wong waited, and for me as I was feeling comfortable, I kept with the slow speed and continued.

Tonight run was nice, relax and very comfortable, and I wondered when was the last time I have enjoyed this kind of short run. I have always been running fast and hard to prepared for 70.3 for the last few months.

Nice run, my 2 buddies!!! I have enjoyed both of your company....!! Thanks!!
.

No comments: