Monday, April 6, 2009

3rd April 2009 Friday, My 2nd YF Pool swim

Tonight Pool swim was great. I started off with a warm-up 100m FC swim followed by doing some drills.

Drill side kick - 100m+100m - purposes was to stabilize hip rotation while swimming FC.

Drill sculling - 100m + 100m with return EZ FC swim- this was very tough as we needed to hold our breath in water as we did the hand sculling. It was very tiring on the hand too. I did not do it correctly last week, but I got the right motion tonight. The purposes was to ensure that we could get the feel-of-catching the water. I found myself gasping constantly and panting hard. I needed to get my breathing rhythm right for this drill.

We also did a combine stroke swim, that was 50m BS and 50mFC (2x) This was to ensure that exercise different part of our muscles. Coach corrected some swimmer's BS.

Tonight Coach Lim introducing something new to us, the Friday grp. He said that he has done it on Tuesday grp and it was quite chaotic. He wanted us to swim 50m+100m speed swim. Each swimmers from each lane would start to upon his Signal, and closely followed by the next swimmer. And we have to swim as fast as we could with 70 to 80% of correct stroke. It was quite different from sprint swimming. We had a very short rest after each 50m and 100m swim, we started the swim again upon his signal. We did 50m+100m (3x), and that amount to 450m (9 solid laps). I stopped and caught my breath after each lap in the 100m swim too. I hope the next time I would not need to stop in the 100m lap.

We then did 2x200, 1x100m EZ swim 100% focusing on stroke. I was also trying to work on my breathing. Finally we did a 5 min treading water in the middle of the pool. I did not know this was so difficult until tonight. While treading, we were told lift up one hand, then both hand, both hand by the side. The difficult was to tread with only the hand with legs cross, I sunk in this hahaha!!! Coach said jokingly:- This is the best time to "turk kang" us.

We were informed to get buoyancy float as he would start training with it and also this coming Sunday sea swim. We were told to go at 8am as he will be doing sea swim fundamental for the new swimmers for 1 hr and the actual training will start after that. I was given a nice Yellowfish T. There will be no training next next week as it is a Good Friday, great timing I thought because I am going to Batam staying over from Friday morning to Sat evening for golfing.

Well it was another interesting training and I felt that my stroke was improving.
.

No comments: