Saturday, March 28, 2009

27th Mar 2009, Friday, My 1st YF Pool Swim

I was having bad cough and fever for the last 2 days and was on medication.I had to sacrifice Thursday MF run but did not wish to miss YF swim since I have not started any pool swim for the whole of this month after the 2 sea swim. I arrived at 6.40pm and not many carpark lot were left.

Tonight class was very crowded, approx 16 to 18 trainees, perhaps it was because Coach Lim did not conduct other classes on Mon to Thurs due to Sunday Aviva Race.

I was allocated in Lane 2 and we started off with a 100m (2 laps) warm up swim followed by drill.

25m kicking with straight arm, returned with FC swim-(2x)
25m kicking with fore arm rotation, returned with FC swim-(2x)
25m fist swim, returned with FC swim-(2x)
100m blind swimming-(2x)
100m side kicking-(2x)

There were certain drill that I couldn’t do very well, it was because I was not familiar. Coach explained the purposes of each drill.

Approximately 8.10pm, we did FC long swim
100m-2laps
200m-4laps
300m-6laps
400m-8laps
200m-4laps
(total - 24laps)
Finally we did sprint – 50m sprint (4x).

The long swim was very tiring, it must be due to I was on medication the last 2 days and was still feeling weak. I rested some seconds every lap. In this slow long swim, coach reiterated we swim with thought of executing the correct stroke and kick with slight body rotation, and swim slowly. I diligently ensuring that I executed each stroke correctly. Ensuring that my right palm touched my left hand (vice versa) before starting the pull and push. I remembered during my YF trial last month I could not even do this propoerly. On checking with coach about my swim, he mentioned that my stroke was OK now except I still have not had the good “feel” of the water, which means I could not “feel” the push and pull of my arm and hand in the water yet. This could be overcome by more swim; he ensured me.

The swim stopped at 8.50pm. I felt a sense of satisfaction despite feeling very very exhausted and arm aching. It was a very good swim and training. I don’t remember I have done so many laps of solely FC in the pool before, other than in the 2 YF sea swim. I am looking forward to another Friday training.

.

No comments: