Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thursday 1st Jan 09 - Brick Training 70km Bike/10km Run

Type of training:-
I did my first brick training of the new year in preparation of my Aivia 70.3. I left home at 10.30am and after a short 7 km slow warm up ride to the T junction of Mandai rd/Woodland rd, I began my training at 10.50am.


The Bike route:- (Rolling Hill) Mandai road-RT Sembawang Rd - Upper Thomson - UT after AMK Ave1 - Old Pierce rd - UT SLE flyover/Upper Thomson - LT Yio Chu Kang - LT JL Kayu - SCC Road - Yishun Ave 1 near (SCC) {32KM}, 1 loop of (Yishun Ave 1 - Mandai Rd -UT at T Junction of Mandai rd/Woodland Rd - Mandai Rd - Yishun Ave 1(SCC) = 26km), Mandai Rd -RT Upper Thomson - LT Gambas Rd - LT Woodland Ave 12 - RT Woodland Ring ( Total 70km). Split time (10km time split).
S1 22.16, S2 23.35, S3 20.59, S4 22.44, S5 20.48, S6 28.35, S7 21.58. (Total Time - 2 hr 40min)


Run Route:- (Flat Rd Run - 10km)
Woodlands (WL) Dr 63 - RT WL Ave 6 - RT WL Ave 5 - LT WL Ave 3 - RT WL ST 13 - LT WL st 12 (WL stadium) - WL st 32 - LT WL Ave 1-LT WL Ave 12 - LT WL dr 62 - WL dr 63
(Total Time 1hr 7 min, distance 10km)


Today training was good, even though biking was tough because I had not been biking since 9th Nov Powerman. The weather was hot especially during biking, but the weather was good and cloudy during the 10 km run. Rain poured down immediately I stopped my run.


Ojective of Training
The objective of bike training was to maintained less then 20-22 min per 10km (taking acct stopping at junction, speed of not less then 30km/hr on flat road. The objective of the run is to maintain at 6.5-7min/km pace and to manage cramp if it set in.


Today brick was also aimed to start the training session for Aviva 70.3 in a slow pace to clock mileage in the run and bike. I have planned to increase bike and run mileage gradually in each training till the arrival of the event with the same bike speed and run pace. I have also planned high intensity biking and running which will be incoporated into my training.


I will arrange to combine swim in one of the training. Some of the up coming events such as 30km KL pacesetter, HK Marathon and Safra Biathlon are to clock mileage and use it as high intensity training.


Since it is a long holiday, I will do another brick training on Sunday. Plan to do OD tri in the gym, 30 laps swim, 40km stationery gym bike and, either run 10km on thread mill or road. Intend to go to Yishun Safra Club (YSC) and recce up the club so that in some Sundays, I can do brick training there with mounting up the bike for actual biking and road run. I can do the 30 laps pool swim 60 to 80km bike and 10 to 15km run, and good thing is YSC is near to the Yishun Ave 1 (SCC)/Mandai road - the 26 km bike loop, and with familiar running routes. Happy training!!
.

No comments: