Wednesday, March 4, 2009

3rd Mar 2009, Tuesday, 7 loops MF Hill Run (Approx. 11.2Km)

I was not too sure if I would do MF hill training today, since it was raining the whole of afternoon, made hill run unsuitable due to slippery road. I was thinking of doing another brick training; 1.5KM Pool swim followed by a 10km run just like last Tuesday and Thursday which I enjoyed a lot. But my left arm was still experiencing some strain and slight pain due to the last week swims and Sunday sea swim, so I decided to run. Anyway I will be going for the YF swim training this Friday so I thought it is better to rest my arm more, hopefully no more pain by then.

I remembered the last time I did MF Hill 7 loops was 63 min, so I was determined to clock anything below 63 min. Alas, disappointingly I only managed 63min and 44sec, very very dissatisfied. I thought if I could have continued to pace Julie after she overtook me in the 2nd or 3rd loop (could not remember exactly) I could have run below 63 or even 62 min, but difficult lah, as she was fast on her up slope with her petite-light-body-weight "mass" hahaha. I managed to catch up with her in the down slope after she overtook me and pace with her just for a while. These days Julie, our bride-to-be (soon to be Mrs Teng) is very very fast and consistent.

After the run, I made sure I had a good warm down, proper stretch especially my back in order to stay injury free. Cannot afford to injure now, Aviva is just 3 weeks aways.

I will still train hard this week, then taper down while on Business Trip next week.
.

No comments: