Thursday, February 5, 2009

4th Feb 09, Wednesday, Lazy 40 laps(2km) swim w/o buoy

It has been more than a week since I last swam so I thought I better go back to swimming training.

The pool was quite crowed as they were many swimmers who were taking swim trial for the Singapore Biathlon. I felt so fortunate and relief that I was exempted from this trial because of my completion of the Port Dickson OD triathlon.

I did a 40 laps swim this evening. Alternate stroke ( front crawl then breast stroke) laps. After the 29th front crawl lap, felt tweaking cramp at the bottom of my feet arch, so the 4th set of 10 laps was all the way breast stroke; a style that I was most comfortable with. It was supposed to be a continuous swim without stopping at every 10 laps but tonight I was not too strong mentally and physically lazy to push myself hard enough and stopped for 1 min every 10 laps. Total timing was 62min (include 3 min rest). Nevertheless I felt a sense of satisfaction since the cut off time for Aviva first leg swim is 70 min for 1.9km swim, 38 laps instead of 40 laps.

During my swim, I noticed a guy who was taking the trial, swam breast stroke with legs flipping. How strange! I thought, swam with mixed style, I think he was not bothered what style as long as he passed the trial.

I got up from the pool, took my rest while watching those poor swimmers going thru the time trial. It seemed that most of them made it below 40min for 30 laps except one lady finished last with the timing of 42 min I think she breast stroked all the way. The tester spoke to her, I wonder he has passed her, personally I felt that she should have been passed if she used breast stroke thru out the 30laps which was quite an achievement. After all, the exceeded 2 min time limit would not make her less confident in the sea water, how judgmental I was.... hahaha. Anyway rules are rules.

Tonight was the first time I did 40 laps swim completely without buoy, well it gave me some confidence though!!! But this was the 2nd time I had cramp at the bottom my feet arch...., hmmm, what happened I wonder!!!
.

No comments: