Monday, February 2, 2009

1st Feb 09 Sunday, only (8+55)km Bike and 10km run w/o speed box

After a good lunch and impressive lion dance performance at PS house, I got home at 3pm and did a brick; bike and run in the evening started at approx 4.40 pm, ended 8.25pm.

I have originally intended to do a full brick; OD swim, bike and run at Yishun Safra in the morning, but due to late night out and late sleep, could not wake up on time for it. Felt guilty and desperate as I have left with only next 7 Sundays to do a full brick training but not all Sundays are available because HK marathon on 8th Feb, OCBC S'pore 40km cycling on 22nd Feb, and 8th Mar will be a rest day as 7th Mar is a S'pore biathlon and 15th Mar will be a taper down Sunday. It looks like either on 15th Feb or 1st Mar is THE DAY for a solid brick training. Ya, I must see to it that I will do a full brick. I must.........., I told myself determinely!

Did a warm up ride of 8 km to the Mandai ave/Yishun ave 1 - loop ( 26km per loop). Surprisingly today the wind was strong and mostly head wind in most part of the loop. Strangely also, the side wind on the bridge between the Lower Seletar Reservoir and the South China Sea was also ghastly strong unlike other days of my training, I needed to control my bike from swaying, today's conditions were unlike other days. This reminded me of the Pengerang/Desaru ride I had a week ago with the "Fish", which was much more challenging and tough, and so proudly I thought to myself, "these were nothing, I had worst in Desaru, hahaha!!

I did 10km run from home to Civic Centre-Woodland stadium-home. I ran w/o my speed box which I damaged it 2 days ago, so could not check my speed. I used the heart rate monitor maintaining at 150- 155bpm to gauge speed, and walla I managed 63min from 10km which I have ensured the 10 km familiarised-measured-route was absolutely accurate. The speed box would not be ready for this HK run, so training myself with HRM to gauge speed was timely and important. I felt very strong in my run and that prompted me to think I should have rode longer distance, more than 70km instead of 55km if I did not started the training so late.

S0(8km) Warm up ride, approx. 23min
S1 24min
S2 20min
S3 24min
S4 22min
S5 23 min
S6(5km) 12min. Effective cycling time = 2hr 5 min (55km)

Transition from home 10 min

Run 10km 1hr 3 min (6.3min/km)

The training was good, felt I have at the same time, burned off some fat from those CNY junk food. But on the other hand felt real bad to have Lucille waited so late to have dinner with me. By the time we had our hearty dinner at the nearby coffee shop, it was already passed 9 pm, hmm that reminded me of her continuous support given to me in my pursuit to accomplish Half Iron Man race.
.

No comments: