Tuesday, May 25, 2010

24th May 2010; Monday - YF swim; Drop back to lane 1

Tonight I thought I could still hang on to Lane 2, even though I had just recovered from diarrhoea due to food poisoning last week while in Jakarta on business trip. I have just been "promoted" to lane 2 last month after attended alot of make-up classes on every Thursday. I thought I still should be strong enough believing the training would still be like any other days.

The many warm up laps were tough especially the 6x50m with pull buoy-8x2x2 which was 8 stroke 1 breathe by 2x2 stroke 1 breathe; 6x50m without pull buoy - 8x2x2 again. This was the killer; it drained me out totally. It made me so tired that I could not keep up the following long swim of 5x200m/1x100m at 4.45min/200m. Noticing I was slow, Coach dropped me to Lane 1 but asked me to lead as 2nd or 3rd swimmer. I told him that I preferred to stay last for tonight.

In Lane 1 we did another 5 x200m and I was more than happy to swim as slow as I could to focus on my stroke, the feel of the glide; the roll; what have you!! It was so relaxing in this lane that I managed well the reminder 8x 50m finale swim. Not too bad after all; it was still a very enjoyable swim.

However, I did learn something though. Next time don't be too ambitious, if you have just recovered from any sickness or after any medication, please train easy. Don't push, your body will not co-operate anyway. This I told myself after the swim. :)
.
.

No comments: