Saturday, June 6, 2009

5th June 2009 Friday - My 9th YF swim, Light Swim + Some Fun Relay

As tonight was our last lesson of the semester, coach had decided to do a light training. As usual we did a 100m warm up and followed by the following drills:-

Assigned in 3rd lane
Flutter kick - 100m
Slow normal FC swim with buoy - 100m
Slow normal FC swim w/o buoy - 2x100m
Catchup drill w/o buoy 2x70m (cone u turn)
Swim with only right hand on side breath 2x70m (cone u turn)
Swim with only left hand off side breath 2x 70m (cone u turn)

Long Swim
1x400m - 10m 30sec
1x300m
After the long swim coach briefed us on our individual common mistake, and encouraged us that during this break, train our self and correct these small mistakes. Sound like graduated from this semester, haha!!

Next we did relay, it was in the name of fun and to prepare this Friday class for next week YF swim meet. Hmm unfortunately I could not attend.

Relay 4 teams - 5 swimmers in each team. I was last swimmer so was the coach.
1st event 5 x 100m FC + BS

2nd event 5x50m BS (Coach could not catch up with me as I was half pool length ahead of him, well done my team member)

3rd event 5x50m any stroke sling with a small pail. (created resistance) (Coach is a coach; caught up with me even though I was a 1/4 pool length ahead of him

4rd event 5x25m one swim constantly with a swimmer holding front swimmer leg and walk

5th event 5 x25m one swim constantly with a swimmer holding front swimmer leg and kick,

6th event butterfly swim. Very messy as most of us could not execute this style. I, steady lah, just like last week class; did the kick by pushing myself from the bottom of the pool haha... the style look dame nice but DQ...... haha!!

It was a fun night......!! Look forward to going back to the training on 26th Jun 2009.
.
.

No comments: